GE GREEN SDN BHD – PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“this Notice”) is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act, 2012 (“the Act”). Please read this Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding how we collect, store, use and process your Personal Data (“our Policy”).
In the event that there is any conflict between the English version and other language versions of this Notice, the English language version shall prevail.
What is Personal Data?
For the purposes of this Notice, “Personal Data” consists of any information that relates directly or indirectly about you which may identify you.
What Personal Data is collected from you?
We collect your Personal Data when you: (i) contact us via email or by phone; or (ii) when you visit or interact with us on our website, www.pacifica.my or any other websites which may be operated by us or our affiliated companies in respect of our products and services (“our Website”); or (iii) when you visit us in person at our booths and events, or otherwise.
For example, you will provide Personal Data to us when you create an online account with us: (i) to benefit from our after-sales services and recipe sharing platforms, (ii) to contact our customer service teams, (iii) to place an order for our products, (iv) to register your warranty, or (v) to participate in contests on our social media platforms.
Such Personal Data may include information as follows:
- Personal details such as name, date of birth and age, gender, identity card number or passport number, race, ethnic origin, nationality and citizenship
- Contact details such as address, e-mail address and contact numbers
- Family information such as marital status, name of spouse or child or immediate family
- Occupation details such as employer name, income range, job title, job responsibilities, employer’s contact information and address
- Payment information and bank account information
- Record of products and/or services you receive from us
- Online identifiers or any other similar information such as your IP address, operating system details, and settings of the device you use to access our Website
- Log information such as the time and duration of your use of our Website and any information stored in the cookies
The provision of your Personal Data is obligatory. If you do not choose to provide your Personal Data, we may not be able to communicate with you or provide you with the information, goods and services that you require.
How do we use your Personal Data?
Our reason for collecting your Personal Data is for the following purposes:-
- To process and ship your orders, inform you about the status of your orders, conduct identity and address verification and other fraud detection activities
- To provide customer support services for our products to enhance your user experience
- To assist and respond to your claims on warranty matters, queries and requests in respect of our products and services
- To provide information and updates about our products and services
- To enable you to create a profile on our Website and to enable you to log in to our Website
- To conduct customer satisfaction survey/customer feedback to identify any improvements which can be made to our products, services, our Website and social media platforms
- To contact you regarding any offers on our products and services which we think you might be interested in
- To assess our market, products and services for analytical and statistical purposes and to record the number of visitors to our Website and determine general usage patterns and to further ensure optimization of our Website content
- To provide information and details about any reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, events, campaigns, promotions and contests held by us
- To conduct identify verification for fraud detection and prevention purposes and to conduct any prize and winner fulfilment
- To conduct internal or market research and to measure the effectiveness or compliance of our marketing and advertising campaigns
- To comply with any obligations imposed on us under the law
To whom do we disclose your Personal Data?
We may disclose your Personal Data to: (i) any companies affiliated with us or (ii) any third party service providers (including their employees and contractors) who are engaged by us to undertake certain activities and services on our behalf to achieve the purposes listed above or (iii) any third party in connection with any corporate transactions undertaken by us where such disclosure is deemed necessary by us or as required under the law.
Furthermore, in circumstances where you have delayed or defaulted in payment, we may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties such as our appointed lawyers, debt collection agencies and credit reporting agencies.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to companies which are affiliated to us which are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We will not keep your Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated above or for as long as we are required to keep it under the law, whichever is longer. When your Personal Data is no longer required for the purpose it was collected or as required under the law, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently delete your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable law.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
Please note that your Personal Data will be processed by our authorised staff or agents, on a need to know basis. We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction when processing the Personal Data. However, whilst we take such reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data, no website, product, device, online application or transmission of information, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure therefore we cannot completely guarantee the security of your Personal Data.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
If you wish to request for access to your Personal Data, or for your Personal Data to be corrected, or to withdraw your consent, or limit the processing or disclosure of your Personal Data, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
In accordance with the Act, please note that we have the right to charge a fee for the processing of any data access request.
If you have any queries or complaints relating to this Notice or otherwise relating to misuse or suspected misuse of your Personal Data, you may send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and we will place a notice of such amendments on our Website. You are advised to check our Website frequently to see if there are any such updates or amendment.
If you require any further information, you may send an email to us at email@example.com.