This authentic Panang will need only 1 hour with the help from Pacifica kitchen gas hob (AHN2 Calibre Duo) armed with Triple-Ring burners versatility that matches with all Asian cooking styles. Find out more!
What you will need?
- 400g beef, sliced quarter inch thick
- 5 tbsp oil
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly shredded
- 450g coconut cream/coconut milk
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Salt and sugar to taste.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ – inch (1cm) chopped galangal
- 1 lemongrass (white part only)
- 1 tbsp cilantro stems
- 2 shallots
- 2 clove garlic
- 11/2 tbsp red-skin peanuts (roasted)
- 1tsp belacan.
Here’s how it’s done
- Blend the spice taste.
- Turn on the kitchen hob, switch to low heat.
(Due to safety measure, minimum heat will cause the kitchen hob to be switched off automatically)
- Stir-fry kaffir lime. Add blended spice taste and continue stir fry.
(Get your pacifica kitchen hood to prevent the smoke from hoarding the kitchen.)
- Switch heat to medium, cover the lid and continue to control with the heat or set ‘timer’.
- Switch the heat back to low level.
- Simmer for a while and add some water.
- Ready to be served! Call out the jasmine rice please!